ITTIA DB SQL Embedded Database
ITTIA DB SQL is a relational database management software product
for embedded systems and intelligent mobile devices. It is a full-featured
data management technology that scales down to meet the
requirements of embedded systems. Products built with ITTIA DB
SQL are fast and
scalable, and run on modern operating systems such
Linux, Android, QNX, ThreadX, Nucleus, μcOS-II, and VxWorks –
even with a
custom file system and without an operating system. ITTIA DB SQL is
and applications embedded with it run on ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, x86
and desired custom
ITTIA DB SQL offers benefits in its modular architecture that
enable customers to
create highly optimized and reliable systems with low total
cost of ownership. With
ITTIA DB SQL, manufacturers build robust, high-value products,
with no database
administrator, to store, manage, analyze, connect, and
ITTIA DB SQL is a solid database framework for the development of a variety of mission critical systems from consumer electronics, medical devices, robotics, industrial automation, and solar systems to many other markets.
ITTIA DB SQL is a database software library for application developers and manufacturers of embedded and mobile systems. Designed for both stand-alone applications and use in a distributed environment, it is cross-platform, with support for a wide variety of operating systems and hardware platforms.
ITTIA DB SQL is available in both binary and source code packages.
- Disk tables and file storage
- Memory tables and storage
- Recovery logging
- Transaction rollback
- Portable file format
- B+ tree and T-tree indexes
APIs and Language Bindings
- Prepared statements
- Index-optimized table joins
- Intervals and datetime arithmetic
- GROUP BY
- UNION, EXCEPT, INTERSECT
- Client/server shared access
- Multi-threaded shared access
- Storage-level locking
- Row-level locking and isolation
- Change notification
ITTIA DB SQL is a commercial relational embedded database designed to minimize development time, reduce risk, and lower cost. It offers a rich set of features empowering developers to benefit from their existing database experience to build robust applications for embedded systems and devices. ITTIA DB SQL features only the important functionality demanded by embedded developers. Key benefit include the following:
- Standard SQL: A truly relational database model provides developers with all the benefits SQL has to offer.
- On-Disk, In-Memory, Hybrid: ITTIA DB SQL provides a selection of storage back-ends: memory and file storage offer application developers a trade-off between durability and performance. Hybrid ITTIA databases, which use a mixture of memory and disk tables, allow applications to seamlessly integrate both storage models.
- Performance: ITTIA DB SQL empowers embedded applications through reliable and flexible data management that exhibits excellent performance characteristics under real-world workloads.
- Small Footprint: ITTIA DB is designed for small footprint environments. Developers can reduce the size to as low as 150K, depending on features and options selected.
- Robust Shared Access: ITTIA DB SQL supports concurrent shared access, either directly opening the same database file in multiple threads, or using a lightweight server for remote connections.
- High Availability: Many features of ITTIA DB SQL aid application developers in building both distributed and high-availability systems, including: distributed transactions, table snapshots, synchronous commit, replication on commit, single-master replication on demand, multiple-master replication on demand, and online backup.
- Connecting to Embedded Systems and Devices: Applications embedded with ITTIA DB SQL can use the ITTIA DB Sync Server to reliably synchronize data with back-end enterprise databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
- Scalability: ITTIA DB SQL provides full 32-bit to 64-bit processing support for collecting, managing and connecting data on embedded systems. ITTIA DB SQL offers options to tune the database for specific requirements so that performance remains predictable at great scales. This is important for embedded systems that store data, whether for only a few minutes at a time or several decades.
- Data Integrity:. ITTIA DB SQL is subject to a complex testing ecosystem that assures accuracy and consistency of data over a product's entire life cycle. Data integrity is a critical aspect of the design, ensuring that an embedded system can store, process, retrieve, and distribute data without incident. ITTIA DB SQL is well designed and tested to eliminate any software-level source of corruption and mitigate the risk of hardware failure.
- Reliability: ITTIA DB SQL is embedded and deployed in mission critical applications. Our comprehensive tests verify reliable data management capabilities so you can build and deploy your certified and non-certified embedded systems in a reliable way.
- Security: ITTIA DB SQL security capabilities protect embedded systems from eavesdropping, unauthorized interception of network traffic, and session highjacking threats.
- Flexible API: The fast, flexible database API is ideal for environments with limited memory and processor resources. ITTIA DB SQL contains a solid, extensible database kernel that may be embedded directly into the application to ensure excellent performance.
- Supported Operating Systems and Hardware Architectures: Developers can build applications with ITTIA DB SQL for any operating system and any 32-bit or 64-bit hardware architecture.
"I worked with ITTIA to develop an innovative home automation device. During development, they treated us like a partner and we very much enjoyed the support they provided. I highly recommend ITTIA DB to anyone in need of a great embedded database solution." Laurent S. – Product Lead – Panasonic
"By embedding ITTIA DB into our applications, we obtained reliable data exchange between mobile devices operating on multiple platforms and the corporate back-end database. ITTIA has provided us significant support to step into the next level of our mobile solutions." Frank V. – CTO – Conges GmbH
"In the database world promises are easy, but delivery is a challenge. ITTIA is the first database organization that has supported us to complete our project on time and under budget! A very professional and trustworthy group." John S. – President – Maintenance and Test Engineering
"I enjoyed working with ITTIA. They always offered great value and could see that every business deal is much much more than 'just a deal.' ITTIA has great character." Marlan W. – Manager – Freescale