Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Technical support includes the following services for supported products:
- 9:00am to 6:00pm Pacific Time service window on Monday-Friday (except U.S. holidays)
- Queued access to a team of product specialists
- Rapid response time
- Prompt product problem determination and resolution
- Customer development efforts continue without interruption
- Continued relationship eases migration to new versions
- Personalized, quality customer service representatives
- Rigorous escalation process to ensure timely resolution
- Reasonable cost
- How do I order technical support?
For more information about obtaining technical support, please contact the ITTIA Sales team.
- How do I open a support case?
A designated support contact may submit a request through the technical support request form on ITTIA's website. The support contact must provide contact information and a description of the problem.
The case will be assigned a severity level based on the nature of the problem. If a known workaround exists, it will be provided. Otherwise, the support contact will be given an estimated time frame for further follow-up and resolution and may be asked to supply more information about the problem.
- What are the severity levels that can be assigned to my support case?
The severity levels are defined as follows:
- The problem is mainly cosmetic or indicates an error in the documentation.
- The defect causes an incorrect error code to be returned.
- The defect corrupts data, causes a crash, or renders the software unusable for its intended purpose.
- Once a customer receives their initial response, how long can be expected for ITTIA to turn around a correction, workaround or otherwise close the case?
It is impossible to determine in advance how long a problem will take to correct or determine a workaround. Case investigation consists of:
- Recreation of the problem
- Analysis of the operation
- Determination that the operation is inconsistent with expected operation
- Definition, design, and development of corrected code
- Quality assurance
- Preparation of a hot fix and/or integration into an official update
Our experience shows that once Customer Support receives sufficient information to recreate the problem, the determination of product inconsistency takes less than a week. Final testing and product packaging typically take less than 2 days. However, the duration for development and quality assurance are highly dependent on each case.